Bound Off is closed for submissions as of June 1, 2014.
Bound Off wants to read your best short stories out loud!
We are seeking original literary fiction for our upcoming podcasts. Please send stories that are between 250 and 2500 words long. Although we are an audio publication, we will evaluate manuscripts the old-fashioned way.
If your story is accepted for publication, our team of readers and podcast engineers will produce the audio version. If you have the capability to create a high-quality MP3 file, then we could publish your story with you as the reader. (Although we aim to give authors the chance to read their own work, audio quality is a high priority, so the Bound Off editors reserve the right to make all final audio production decisions.) We compensate writers $20 per contracted story.
We only consider stories submitted at the Bound Off Submishmash page (email subs will no longer be considered):
Submishmash is a submission management service. After you set up a profile, you can use it not only to submit to a wide range of magazines, but also to keep track of your submissions. All for free.
All stories submitted must follow our GUIDELINES:
- Submit only one story at a time, between 250 and 2500 words long. Please wait until we have responded before sending us another story for consideration.
- Remove your name/bio from the text of your story before submitting.
- Stories submitted to Bound Off must be original and previously unpublished in any form.
- We allow simultaneous submissions, but let us know immediately if another publication accepts your story.
- We are not considering the following types of writing: non-fiction or personal essays, poetry, stories for children.
- Stories that do not meet these guidelines will not be read and will be automatically deleted.
In our interview on Duotrope’s Digest (an extensive, searchable database of current fiction and poetry markets), we discuss our decision-making process (and you can view our average response rates):
Questions? Write to:
All content on this site and in the Bound Off podcast is © by Bound Off, Inc. and the respective authors. All rights reserved.